Research Gifts

When a research gift is given to the University of California or to the UCSF Foundation from a non-governmental entity for

  • a specific research project or
  • for the use of a specific faculty member,

then the faculty member (usually the principal investigator) must complete Form 700-U

Submit the original Form 700-U to COI Division (Box 0294), with copies of the check and the paperwork required by Gift Administration.

Submit a copy of Form 700-U to Gift Administration (Box 0248), with the original check and original paperwork required by Gift Administration.

See this web link for additional instructions and forms: